Monday, May 28, 2012

Jamaica in Vogue Magazine







photographed by: Patrick Demarchelier

Hi everyone, sorry for the lack of posts in the past week, unfortunately it seems as though I have lost my 3rd Macbook charger!! Actually, I'm almost sure that someone in my grade took it, and just doesn't want to give it back, and I'm very sad about it, but I have a replacement, thanks to one of the nicest people in the world in my class! 

Anyway, I'm not sure  how many of you have seen this article in Vogue magazine's June issue, which was posted on their site about a week ago, about Usain Bolt which included an interview about his preparations for the 2012 London Olympics. Being a Jamaican, living in Jamaica, knowing no other country as well as I know Jamaica, I really can't even express how happy I was to see this article, Usain Bolt and Joan Smalls: Cut to the Chase, and the beautiful photos by Patrick Demarchelier. I absolutely love how simple, yet stunning each picture is. My favourites are the one of Bolt running with the school children and the very last of the set with Joan running besides the painting of Usain- the fastest man in the world - who's jealous? :)

Just kidding, but I thought I'd share this with everyone, because I just felt the need to. 
Everytime I see some profound organization 'big up' Jamaica, I get so warm and fuzzy inside - I can't explain it - even though it happens more often than not! Read the article here and tell me what you all think, I think Robert Sullivan gave a pretty accurate presentation of Bolt.

Brooke

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LIKE PRETTY FEEDBACK