Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Christian Dior Haute Couture 2012












P.S: Honestly WTF

Forgive me for being so late with posting about this, but I just couldn't fathom not having a post mentioning my admiration for the Christian Dior Haute Couture Fall 2012 Fashion Show. Both the collection and the show itself were to die for. Using over a million flowers to decorate the inside of the venue, and the way the girls walked through the differently garnished rooms, almost like a labyrinth were just brilliant. The pieces were gorgeous too, even though they were a lot more wearable than Dior's previous Couture collections under Galliano - decide for yourself whether you prefer it that way or not. There were wonderful silhouettes that remind you of a bourgeois woman living in Russia, with the small metallic waistbands and wide, structured hips. I absolutely love it, it even reminds me a little of Ulyana Sergeenko, who's one of my absolute favourite people when it comes to her style! The colours were amazing too, very bright, and some like a watercolour painting! There was something about the pieces that made them very bold, but still elegant, polished and even delicate with the use of embroidery! I'm quite pleased with Raf for this show, he's different but almost inspiriting. I wish I could have actually been at the show, watching it on Youtube alone was so spellbinding for me. I'm sure most if not all of you saw the show, what did you think about it?

Brooke

5 comments:

  1. wonderful pictures!
    s

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eye makeup and the lips! :o xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christian Dior, always so elegant. But I think the red coat is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christian Dior's Haute Couture is the only wearable Haute Couture collections I have seen in the past couple of years. It truly is so much better off without Galliano.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow thank you so much for sharing these. beautiful photos and a beautiful blog you have.

    ReplyDelete

I LIKE PRETTY FEEDBACK